Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Phoenix

I will never smile seeing you walk through the door again
My heart no longer sings a song for you
The memories you gave me are all tainted
Such a perfect childhood,
just erased.

You betrayed me,
and even worse you used my kind heart against me
You touched my sister,
you touched me,
worst of all, you touched my children.
Then you made me forget
with all the grooming you fed me
I am sick.

I am sure you laugh at how stupid I was
How you fooled me all those years
30 years you fooled me
God, how stupid am I?

You raised me to be anxious and scared.
Then you used my nervous tics as jokes.
You put a weight on me so I could never fly
While you had your birdhouses out the window
So I could imagine freedom.

Well soon I will be gone
Far away
Where you cannot get me.
I will save myself and my family
like I should've done years ago.

I cannot save the memories for my sister or myself,
But I can sure as Hell stop you from tarnishing my child's memories
I will protect them from you,
I will protect them from the cycle.
They will feel what a true parent's love is like,
without your sickening 'love'

I am a Phoenix.
I shall rise from the ashes you put me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nightmares

He lays there with his eyes open And the lights on He cannot close his eyes and dream For he has only nightmares. You made him question his ...