Sunday, February 27, 2022

Nightmares

He lays there with his eyes open
And the lights on
He cannot close his eyes and dream
For he has only nightmares.

You made him question his safety in his bed
His safety with his family
And his safety in himself 
But you did not win.

When he wakes up in the morning
He embraces the day
He runs into my room with that smile
Knowing the night is done
And he had another safe night

See, you can't take the hope from my child
You could never take it from me
I beat you with my love and optimism
And he has beat you with his

Now we are gone and we are safe
And you are watching your back
As your nightmares will only get worse
While ours only get better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nightmares

He lays there with his eyes open And the lights on He cannot close his eyes and dream For he has only nightmares. You made him question his ...