Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Questions

What made you do it?
When did you do it?

At one point I was an infant child,
looking at you.
Needing you.
Was it then? 
Did you touch me then?

Was it when I was 5 years old
and my mom was in the hospital with cancer
Did you touch me then?
Or was it just my sister?

When did you feel it was wrong?
When I was old enough to remember?
Or was it when I was too old for your liking?
What is your cut off?

I look at my body and I see old scars
where cuts once were.  
I look at them and I used to not care where they came from
but now that's all I think about.
Did you give me that scar? 
Was I misbehaving that day?

I was assaulted when I was 17
and I don't remember the rape because of the trauma that you put me through.
I always wondered since I was 17 what happened to my body
when I wasn't in it.
Now, all I can think of is what happened to my body,
since the day I was born.

What a way to live your life,
not knowing what your own body has seen.
Oh, if the walls could talk...
You would be in prison and my family would be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nightmares

He lays there with his eyes open And the lights on He cannot close his eyes and dream For he has only nightmares. You made him question his ...